A heat recovery ventilation (MVHR) system from ADM has proved to be an excellent choice for one household in Derby.
Mark Grogan and his family had not one but, three heat recovery systems fitted, this was due to the size of the building. The systems they had installed were 2 x sentinel kinetic plus models in the main house and 1 x sentinel kinetic in the side building, these units are some of the UK’s most environmentally-friendly.
The main reason Mark chose heat recovery ventilation is because of the ability to guarantee eradication of moisture build up in wet areas, avoiding condensation appearing on the windows. Another benefit was the luxury of the air being filtered for pollen before it enters the property.
Fitting an Heat Recovery system is one of the most effective ways of reducing relative humidity to below 60 per cent, minimising condensation, whilst at the same time addressing the problems associated with mould growth and dust mites.
The MVHR system is able to recover over 90 per cent of the heat from the outgoing stale air, before feeding it back into the property as warm, fesh, filtered air. Reusing this heat, which would normally be lost to the outside air, has created a much
more sustainable building.
This also created a much healthier indoor air quality for the Grogan family.
“The benefit has to be truly a healthier environment for my family to live in.” Mark Grogan
The first night after the system was fitted Mark Grogan commented that it was the best night sleep he has had in a long while!
Mark also added about how professional ADM Systems were, commenting that the designer who dealt with his property is a real credit to the company!
ADM offers the widest selection of brand-leading Heat Recovery Ventillation Systems in the UK. The fact that they are not restricted to offering a single manufacturer’s brand enables them to provide customers with independent advice on what system is best suited to their property. Mark Grogan is amongst a growing number of customers who have benefited from this service.
How does MVHR deliver energy efficient, effective ventilation?
The Heat Recovery Ventilation system installed at Mark Grogan’s property works by a series of ducts that collects stale moist air from inside the house from areas such as the kitchen, laundry and bathrooms.
This stale contaminated air passes through the MVHR unit and is exhausted to the outside. Clean fresh air is then drawn from the outside and, as the two air streams pass each other, the heat is transferred from the outgoing stale air to the fresh incoming air. There is no mixing of air streams.
Why effective ventilation matters?
• Good ventilation helps to create a healthier environment for you and your family. It works by removing polluted and moisture- rich air found in the home, and replaces it with fresh air taken from outside.
• Ventilation minimises or even eliminates the effects of dust mites for those who suffer with asthma and other respiratory problems.
• Moisture in the air can lead to condensation and mould growth. House dust mites flourish in damp conditions, which can aggravate asthma and other health issues.
• Construction materials, paint, cleaning products and carpets all used in the home give off harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
• Radon is an odourless gas that comes from water, soil and rocks. It is harmless in the outdoor air, but when trapped within a dwelling can be extremely dangerous to your health.
• Everyday odours from cooking, domestic pets, our bodies, toilets, Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS), circulate around the home.
• Potentially dangerous gasses, including carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, together with ETS, pose serious health risks.
• Airborne pollen from trees, grass and flowers, which circulate around the home, can cause debilitating symptoms for hay fever sufferers.